I love that it is so challenging but there are always beginners options if you’re new.- Rachel T
FIR - Far Infrared Radiant Heat
Far Infrared Radiant (FIR) heat is a non-invasive, natural and safe form of heating, which not only feels great but is also extremely therapeutic.
FIR radiant heat is a form of thermal energy. It is the warmth you feel penetrate your skin when you are outside in the sun. FIR light should not be confused with ultraviolet light, which causes sunburn and damage to your skin. Far infrared rays do not cause sunburn or skin damage.
The same technology is used in saunas, to keep premature babies warm and is very safe and healing.
FIR heat is capable of penetrating deep into the human body, gently elevating the body's surface temperature and activating major bodily functions. In yoga practice the heat warms your muscles, which creates more flexibility and allows a deeper release in your body. Far Infrared heat is also much more efficient in releasing toxins (a major contributor to many illnesses & disease) from your body.
Other heating systems, which blow hot air, can be very drying to your mouth, throat and lungs creating discomfort. FIR radiant heat creates a more comfortable environment to practice in & eliminates the need to have such high temperatures as the warm temperatures of FIR rays increase the heart rate equal to an aerobic level even though the exercise is low impact.
- Far infrared rays expand capillaries, which stimulates increased blood flow, regeneration, circulation and oxygenation.
- FIR heat is excellent for detox. Scientists report that in the FIR treatment of clogged capillary vessels, heat expands the capillaries and then initiates the start of a process to dissolve hidden toxins. Far Infrared thereby promotes elimination of fats, chemicals and toxins from the blood.
- FIR relieves nervous tension and relax autoneuro muscles thereby helping the body make the most of its intended healing abilities. FIR reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms, as muscle fibers are heated.
- FIR stimulates enzyme activity and metabolism by raising the metabolism and body temperature, FIR heat also breaks down cellulite - trapped water, fat and waste. FIR waves penetrate layers of tissue, triggering mobilization of chemicals from fat stored under the skin, directly into the sweat. After about 20 minutes the body heat starts releasing stored fat.
- FIR promotes rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury). Furthermore, it increases growth of cells and protein synthesis, all necessary during tissue repair and regeneration. Excellent for healing burns, scar tissue and skin problems.